Today I met with another new consultant and was left a little disappointed if I'm honest. I really liked my consultant I had with Emmy however he has now retired so I've a new one but don't think we hit it off really.
I had an EMCS with Emmy after failure to progress, I was taken to the Labour Ward at 12 Midnight at 3cm's dilated and all day long only ever progressed to 4cm's - 16 hours at 4cm's even after 2 drips given so was rushed into theatre when Emmy (and Mummy if I'm honest) went into distress. So even after finally going into natural labour at 9 days over due, at 11 days over due Emmy was born via EMCS and I ended up having to have a blood tranfusion. (you can read all about my pregnancy with Emmy and her birth story )
So why didn't I get on with the consultant today?
Mostly because we disagreed on a birth plan. OK, yes it is far to early for a birth plan but due to the EMCS they all seem to want to push forward and have a plan in place.
I was adament I wanted an elective c-section this time around but he wasn't too sure of that. All I kept hearing today was that "NO LABOUR WAS THE SAME...and I should at least try for a VBAC" (vaginal birth after c-section). I'm still not very keen if I'm honest and have agreed to meet with the VBAC team next Wednesday to discuss this further and to look into my options.
I have agreed with my consultant to have growth scans at 32, 34 and 36 weeks to check on the growth of bubs and have agreed with him that I will try naturally if the baby is of a 'normal' weight
or weighs less than Emmy did (8lbs 13ozs) however if the baby is to be heavier than Emmy than I will be allowed my c-section.
Now to decide if that is what I actually want or if I fight for my elective c-section and be done with it.
This is me last week at 14 weeks