15 weeks and a fight for my birth choice?

Finally I have reached 15 weeks into my 7th pregnancy and it really is looking like this is our take home baby number 2.

Today I met with another new consultant and was left a little disappointed if I’m honest.  I really liked my consultant I had with Emmy however he has now retired so I’ve a new one but don’t think we hit it off really. 

I had an EMCS with Emmy after failure to progress, I was taken to the Labour Ward at 12 Midnight at 3cm’s dilated and all day long only ever progressed to 4cm’s – 16 hours at 4cm’s even after 2 drips given so was rushed into theatre when Emmy (and Mummy if I’m honest) went into distress.  So even after finally going into natural labour at 9 days over due, at 11 days over due Emmy was born via EMCS and I ended up having to have a blood tranfusion. (you can read all about my pregnancy with Emmy and her birth story )

So why didn’t I get on with the consultant today?
Mostly because we disagreed on a birth plan.  OK, yes it is far to early for a birth plan but due to the EMCS they all seem to want to push forward and have a plan in place.

I was adament I wanted an elective c-section this time around but he wasn’t too sure of that.  All I kept hearing today was that “NO LABOUR WAS THE SAME…and I should at least try for a VBAC”  (vaginal birth after c-section).  I’m still not very keen if I’m honest and have agreed to meet with the VBAC team next Wednesday to discuss this further and to look into my options.

I have agreed with my consultant to have growth scans at 32, 34 and 36 weeks to check on the growth of bubs and have agreed with him that I will try naturally if the baby is of a ‘normal’ weight
or weighs less than Emmy did (8lbs 13ozs) however if the baby is to be heavier than Emmy than I will be allowed my c-section.

Now to decide if that is what I actually want or if I fight for my elective c-section and be done with it.

www.emmysmummy.com 14 weeks pregnant
This is me last week at 14 weeks

4 thoughts on “15 weeks and a fight for my birth choice?

  1. I had a EMCS with Roo so when I became pregnant with Tigger I knew I wanted to try for a VBAC, the consultant could see why I wanted to try and were happy for me give it ago. I did however ended up with another EMCS as once again babies head wouldn't fit through my pelvis.

    If you want another CS or a VBAC you need to voice it as soon as possible, the more consultants or midwives you tell the better chance of getting it.

  2. I read somewhere that people who struggle to have babies are lucky, because they will love them in a way that people who pop them out willy nilly will never understand.

    Glad it's working out for you this time.


Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.