Happy half Birthday to my gorgeous baby boy. He is now 6 months old, the time has flown by yet it feels like he has been here forever.
Harry John Nicholas – 19th October 2012 – 7lbs 9oz
Harry was my whale of a baby, well that’s what the midwives and scans predicted, he was supposed to follow suit with Emmy who was 8lbs 13oz at birth. They gave me almost until my due date to have a natural birth (not that I really wanted one as I had been fighting for a section anyway due to all the problems I had with Emmy).
Harry arrived a few days early via planned C-section screaming and not much has changed really.
He suffers from Reflux so can not and will not lay down or be put down, well in the first few months anyway.
That is slowly all changing, he has been prescribed Gaviscon for his reflux, we are now fully weaning and he is embarrassing 3 meals a day and screams for more when that has gone, he sleeps on a poddle pod so is much more settled (I will tell you all about that in another post soon) and generally he is not a happy and settled boy.
- Sit up unaided for a few minutes and this is improving daily
- Put his dummy in and out himself
- Grasp toys and bring them to his mouth
- Grasp food and bring to his mouth
- Suck the life out of a rice cake or rusk
- Drain an 8oz bottle in seconds
- Scream so loudly he wakes the whole house
- Smile and make your heart melt
- Giggle uncontrollably so no apparent reason
- Blow raspberries
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- His sock monkey with blankie
- His jumperoo
- His feet
- To stand
- To roll over
- To babble away
- To be sick over everything and everyone
- To save all his dirty nappies just for me
- To wake me up every 2 hours throughout the night
- To pull all of my hair out
I wish I could stop time and keep my babies small forever, however I love watching them grow and gain their personalities.
I wonder what the next 6 months will bring?