With both children back to school I was determined that getting them ready wouldn’t break the bank this year. I was very lucky in that most of their uniform still fitted so mainly they just needed shoes, polo shirts and socks – just where all the socks go to I have no idea just I was missing loads of them.
The main things we needed were stationery items for Emmy to be able to do her homework, a new bag for Harry, a lunchbox as his had broken, drinks bottles and lunch items to make lunches as cheaply as possible and for after school snacks.
Poundland sent us vouchers to be able to purchase these items and we managed to stretch these quite far to get a lot for our £20.
We managed to add a lot to our baskets, including:
- Emoji pencil cases – £1 each (also available in ‘The secret life of Pets’ and ‘Spiderman’ designs
- The secret life of pets stationery – £1 (also available in ‘Emoji’ and ‘Spiderman’ designs)
- Paw Patrol lunch box – £3
- Paw Patrol bottle – £2 (2 different designs available)
- Wipe clean memo board for notes and reminders £1
- Fruit flakes pack of 5 – £1
- Sun-maid raisins pack of 9 – £1
- Barney Bear’s – £1
We stocked up on the snacks to keep us going for a few weeks and also added a few cartons of juice as harry is only allowed these in his lunchbox for school.
I may have also stocked up on coffee to help me make getting up in the mornings a little easier.
Disclaimer: We were sent vouchers from Poundland to help us with back to school