“This post is in collaboration with Poki”
Psssttttt…..have you realised it is almost Christmas? I know you may not want to think about it but burying your head in the sand won’t help but I can help.
I’ve teamed up with Poki who have kindly donated a Kindle Fire Tablet for me to giveaway to one of my lovely readers and which you will receive in time for Christmas – that could be one present ticked off of your Christmas list, now wouldn’t that be nice?
Firstly though let me tell you about Poki, they offer loads of different online games including educational ones for kids, and as you already know I am a huge fan of helping my children by learning through play.
I wrote this week about how Emmy has been selected for extra Maths help in school and how we have been playing games at home to help her, so when looking at the Poki site I headed straight for the Maths games so Emmy and I could play together.
We started with a game called Sum Tracks
The idea of this game is to use the circles to make the number in the square. You do this by dragging your mouse over the numbers in the circles – they turn green as you do this correctly and it gets harder with each level.
As the levels progress there are more and more sums which need completing and the patterns get trickier.
There is an undo button so when Emmy got the pattern wrong we were able to restart and start over again.
She liked this game until it got too hard and then we moved to another Maths game.
Next, Emmy choose Binary Bears, this is a number grid where you have to fill the missing squares with numbers,
There is a timer and you need to complete this grid before the time runs out.
And now all rows and columns must be different.
Emily found this one really tricky to start with however once she got the hang of it she thought it was really fun and wanted to keep playing over and over again.
Poki have lots of different educational games for children from Geography games, typing games, word games, drawing games, logic games, memory games and lots more.
It is certainly worth having a look around and having a play.
The prize I am giving away courtesy of Poki is an 8GB Fire tablet, with 7″ display and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Beautiful 7″ IPS display (171 ppi / 1024 x 600). Available in four colours.
- Fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor and rear- and front-facing cameras.
- Amazon Underground: All-new, one-of-a-kind app store experience where thousands of apps, games and in-app items are actually free — including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more
- Prime members can stream thousands of Prime Video titles, access over a million book titles, thousands of audiobooks and two million songs
- Prime members can download thousands of Prime Video movies and TV shows to watch offline anywhere
- Enjoy more than 38 million songs, movies, TV shows, books, apps and games
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 200GB of additional storage
To enter this giveaway please do so via the rafflecopter form below. This giveaway will end at midnight on 4th December 2016 and is open to UK residents only. Good Luck