I find meal times especially lunches can be rather boring, we get stuck in a rut of having the same things during the week, cheese sandwiches, hot-dogs, soup – anything which is rather quick to make as we have limited time in between school runs and Harry’s nap.
We were challenged to use Green Giant Sweetcorn to make a Minion inspired meal for the children as Minion fever is set to hit us again soon with the brand new Minions movie being released in cinemas on 26th June, which I have to say I am just as excited to see as the kids.
I decided to make Harry some Minion Sweetcorn Fritters.
Ingredients, for Fritters:
- 30g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder or paprika (optional) – I used curry powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 x 200g Sweetcorn, drained
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
To decorate as Minions:
- Hard boiled egg
- Black Olives, sliced
How to make: Fritters.
- This recipe is really very simple – add all of the fritter ingredients, except for the oil into a mixer – I used my Nutribullet for this and blend until smooth and combined together, this should resemble a smooth batter.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and heat on a medium heat
- Using a dessert spoon, spoon a heaped spoonful into the pan and try to make an oval shape
- Lightly fry for around 60-90 seconds each side and remove from the heat
- Place on a plate and decorate as a Minion
You can decorate these in whichever way you like, using ingredients your children like best.
I used the watercress for the wild hair, rolled up some ham and cut a hard boiled egg in half to make the egg, which I topped with a sliced olive. I finished with cucumber arms and legs.
These were very quick and easy to make and they went down very well too.
They could be eaten hot or cold and even frozen for a later date.
“I am taking part in the Tots100/Green Giant Minion challenge.”
I’m running the Race for Life – Please sponsor me