Emmy has been poorly this week, she has Slapped Cheek and is feeling rather sorry for herself.
To take her mind off this we have been doing her favourite thing – Baking with Mummy.
Recently we took delivery of a lovely parcel of goodies from good to know – this made Emmy rather happy as it included a variety of baking essentials such as new aprons for Emmy and Me, a new cake stand, recipes, cookie cutters, piping bag, cake cases and cake decorations.
We couldn’t wait to get started and have been using our new recipe cards to make lemon spirall biscuits:
3oz icing sugar
5oz butter, softened
7oz plain flour
2 tablespoons milk
pink food dye
How to make:
- Grease 2 baking trays. Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is smooth
- Grate the lemon rind on the smallest holes on a grater, stir into the mixture. Sift flour into the bowl and stir in
- Stir in the milk. Then put half into another bowl. Add 3 drops of food dye into one bowl and stir it in
- Make 2 balls of dough. Flatten each and wrap in clingfilm. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean surface. Use a rolling pin to roll each out until it is roughly 10×6 inch and 1/4 inch thick
- Brush a little water over the plain dough and lift the pink on top
- Cut the edges so they are straight and roll up. Wrap in clingfilm and pop into the fridge for another 30 minutes
- Cut into 1/4 inch circles
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes
Thanks to www.goodtoknow.co.uk for our baking goodies and helping Emmy to feel better.