I’m beginning to get rather bored with the same foods each week, I seem to buy the same meats as they are cheap and then get stuck in a rut of cooking the same meals.
I have now made it my mission to try and cook a different meal each week to combat the boredom.
Today we had Pan Fried Pork in a creamy Sage sauce served on a bed of Tagliatelle, and it was a hit with everyone – even Emmy!
4/5 Pork chops
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 small pot of double cream
1 large glass of white wine
1 tablespoon oil
1 red onion
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
- Cook the tagliatelle as per the packet instructions.
- Put the flour and paprika into a bowl, mix together and coat the pork chops in the mixture.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and then brown the pork for around 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove these from the pan and put aside.
- Add the finely chopped onions to the pan and cook
- Add the wine and reduce down for a few minutes
- Add the cream
- Add all the herbs and mix well
- Return the pork to the pan and simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes
- Drain the tagliatelle