Before I had children I worked as a Nanny and had to arrive in work for 7.15am, with a 45 minute commute to work this meant I needed to be up and out of bed by 6am at the latest, of course this was always a struggle but I loved my job so a little forward planning meant it was never really that hard to get into a lovely routine.
I would get my clothes out the evening before, set my make-up ready by the bathroom sink and have my clothes waiting near the shower so I could get dressed and dried almost immediately.
I would wash my hair the evening before as at that time in the morning there is definitely not enough time, shoes would be by the front door and my handbag packed ready to grab last minute on the way out. There would be no time for breakfast but I would eat with the children when I arrived at work.
Now days I am shattered nearly all of the time, the children get ill and instead of being able to work in the day time I find myself working into the night – something which is supposed to have stopped when Harry started Nursery.
Top Tips for helping to spring out of bed
- Place your alarm clock or phone at the other side of the bedroom so you have to get up out of bed
- Don’t hit the snooze button – you will just keep doing so until you are rushing madly around
- Get your clothes out and ready before you go to bed, this will give you a few extra minutes in bed and mean you start the day organised and not frantically searching for matching clothes or a suitable outfit
- Go to bed half an hour earlier
- No TV or phones at least half an hour before bed
- Make sure you are comfortable in bed so you get a good nights sleep, a pocket sprung mattress may help you get a good nights sleep
- Get your breakfast things ready or at least your morning coffee – I used to swear by my teasmade so I had a fresh hot cuppa waiting for me when I first woke up, now I have my cup under my Nespresso machine with the capsule in ready to go
- Leave the curtains open a little when you go to bed – it is always dark when I get into bed but by 6am or if I am lucky 7am (kids allowing me a lie-in) then the sun is now up and it helps to make me jump up ready to start the day
How do you ensure you spring up out of bed? Share your tip with me and you could win a Breakfast Hamper curtesy of Bed Guru. This continental style breakfast in bed is the perfect gift solution whatever the occasion. This hamper includes Bucks Fizz, Butter Croissants, Scottish Smoked Salmon, Breakfast Coffee & English Tea, Marmalade’s and Preserves and is worth £38!
For your chance to win, please fill in the rafflecopter form below – this giveaway will close at Midnight on 11th June 2017. Open to UK entries only.