The essay is a philosophical, scientific, critical, moralistic sketch, usually written in prose, in which the author freely and at the same time artfully develops the interpretation of a phenomenon or solves the problem, not masking the subjectivity of the adopted point of view. In short, the essay is a short scientific or literary dissertation that deals with the subject in a subjective way.
Due to the criterion of composition, a formal essay and an informal essay are distinguished. The scientific essay, also known as the academic essay, is included in formal essays due to the consistently conducted argument, logical argumentation, and precise composition of the text.
The use of the scientific essay is broad. It can be used to express controversial views that are outside the mainstream of science, it can be an autonomous form of presentation of the courts, in which not only content is important, but also artistic form or a popularizing function.
The essay does not have a rigid composition. This is a reflective work, used by more experienced scientists and … students writing a thesis for credit. The author usually appears in the first person. However, making essays is considered quite difficult for most students and for them, ordering essays online is a practical academic option.
– Analyze the subject and think about your own opinion;
– In the introduction, try to get the reader interested, you can quote some surprising statement, anecdote, etc.
– Choose the arguments accurately;
– Show specialist knowledge in the field you are writing about;
– Try to be original – refer to lesser-known works, select less-known quotes, emphasize another aspect of the problem;
– The presented facts, opinions and theories must be faithfully devoted – there is no place for fiction here;
– Keep the logic of the argument – there are two methods of ordering arguments: deductive (from general assertions to individual examples) and inductive (from details to generalizations);
– The style of expression is important;
– Avoid subjective opinions and digressions (unless it is to be an informal essay), and limit your individualism to the way of presenting issues;
– As a rule, one argument falls on one paragraph;
– The development of an academic essay should contain at least 3 paragraphs;
The essay is to form a coherent whole.
Work on an essay
Analyze the topic – make sure you understand the subject and question you were asked for. Specify your position;
Collect the material – read the literature on the topic, view the press, video materials, interviews, etc. It is inspiring to talk with those who deal with the topic;
Make notes – make notes on an ongoing basis, save your observations. Your first reaction to the material may be the most interesting;
Plan an essay – try to answer the question and sort it into points. Check if the answer is exhaustive and whether or not you leave the topic. Organize theses, arguments and examples;
Start writing – write an introduction, present further arguments in a logical order, support the collected materials (refer to literature, research, etc.), draw conclusions and refer critically to the problem you were considering (you considered).
Hopefully, this article can open your mind about how scientific essays are written.