Thank you so much to Cerys over at Rainy Day Mum for passing the Olympic torch onto Emmy’s Mummy, it is only fitting we complete this Meme now having watched the actual Olympic Torch pass through Waltham Abbey last weekend.
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Preparing and cooking toddler meals from scratch. I love cooking and prepare all our meals from scratch. However with a toddler/baby around food needs to be quick. I love grabbing ingredients from the cupboard/fridge/freezer and throwing together a meal. I very rarely follow a recipe but seem able to (usually) made something edible whether at home or at work.
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
Now that made me laugh. I am the least sporting person EVER, I always had an excuse to miss games lessons at school. The only after school club I actually joined and was any good at was Rounders – I loved that and was quite good.
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Swimming – I had swimming lessons at school, and although I’m not a very strong swimmer I really enjoy it, plus the fact I’m too heavy chested for running.
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if you miss the alarm and sleep in?
On a working day I need to leave the house at 6.45am with Emmy too, so everything is prepared the night before and what can be packed into the car is. Emmy’s clothes are packed too and she leaves the house in her PJ’s (I wish I could!). If I miss the alarm – or snooze it as happens often I can be ready and in the car in 10 minutes
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Loosing socks – seriously I must have more odd socks in this house than there are toys (and that is saying something as this house looks like a toy shop). I’ve no idea where they go but I must be able to get a Gold Medal for loosing them!
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
Well… being completely uninterested in any sport what-so-ever, if I have done I wouldn’t even know it.
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
I don’t. I can’t even remember having watched any if I’m honest. I’m probably the worst person to tag in this type of Meme as I really can’t stand to watch sport and lose interest after a few minutes if I do.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Not for me. I may actually watch the White Water Rafting this year as the Lea Valley White Rafting Centre is only 5 minutes from my house and we have visited already.
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians).
My Mother in Law as last year she found out she had Breast Cancer, had a Mastectomy and reconstructive surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy and is just about to start the next course of treatment. She also lost her hair and lots of weight yet always kept smiling and never once complained.
I am passing on the Flame onto:
Pippa over at Pippa World
Joanne over at Mummy 2 Five
Jennifer over at My Mummy Pennies
Angie over at Cakes Photos Life
Stacey over at Nobody Said It Was Easy