So this weekend I am at Britmums, this post has been scheduled actually so I’m already there – forward planning on my part there, for a change!
I thought it would be a good opportunity to show you an insight, a behind the scenes so to speak of my bag change from a Mummy bag/changing bag to what I take with me when I’m acting all grown up for a change and spending time with actual grown ups and not ones on the TV!
This is what I usually carry around with me in my changing bag:
- 3 nappies for Harry
- Wet wipes
- 2 magazines – Nanny buys them for the kids and they usually just pull the toys off and forget about the magazine. It’s useful to keep in my bag for when we are out and the kids get bored
- Portable phone charger – I use my phone for all pictures so this is handy
- Change of clothes for Harry
- A couple of cars or wind up toys
- Toy phone/toy camera
- Cuddly toy
- Lid covers for normal cups – these have been a god send when eating out and one of my best buys!
- Drink for one or both children
The kitchen sink if it would fit…it feels like it sometimes.
I use the same bag as my own bag when I’m away from the children as it has a lovely amount of pockets and I can easily find everything I need.
Of course I have a lot less stuff when it’s just me.
This weekend my bag contains:
- Oyster card
- Pad & pen
- Phone charger
- Business cards
- Bottle of water
- Gin in a tin….well I am away from the children over night which happens only once or twice a year
- Cereal bars – it’s a long day at the conference and I can’t guarantee I will like the food
- Body Spray – an essential when spending all day in London after tube travel and spending most of the day in a crowded room
- Headache tablets
And rather unusually here but I also have:
- A tiara and veil
- Bride to be sash
- Feather boa
- Princess wand
- a pre nuptial kit and of course novelty straws.
These are a secret surprise for a friend as we are using the conference as a good excuse to have a mini hen do (hence scheduling this post, by now she will have these and the secret will be out).
So what do you take out with you on rare days/evenings away from the kids? Do you manage to only take a small bag out with you?
I usually manage a small bag with just my phone, purse and keys if I pop out for a meal with the girls locally.
“This is my entry into the Pink Lining Ambassador search”