MINNIE MOUSE GETS HER FIRST VERY OWN TV SERIES
MINNIE’S BOW-TOONS TO PREMIERE EXCLUSIVELY ON DISNEY JUNIOR
Minnie’s Bow-tique is open for business!
Global icon Minnie Mouse ventures alone for the 1st time ever to launch her own TV show, Minnie’s Bow-Toons, on 18th November at 10.50am on Disney Junior.
Known for her signature polka dot dresses and over-sized hair bows, Minnie Mouse made her first appearance alongside her leading man, Mickey Mouse, in the classic animated short , Steamboat Willie, where she played a damsel in distress. Whilst Minnie and Mickey are forever inseparable, Minnie’s Bow-Toons gives Minnie the chance to embark on her greatest solo adventure yet.
In the stylish new series of shorts, Minnie demonstrates the fashion flair that has inspired countless imitations, style icons and celebrities. Together with good friend Daisy Duck, Minnie runs Bow-Tique, a specialty shop, which stocks only bows and bow-ties. No matter what the occassion, Minnie has a bow (or bow-tie) for every possible situation. From using a rubber bow to fix some leaky pipes or shredded bows to make pom poms for a cheerleader – she has the answer!
Minnie Mouse facts: Did you know….
- Born to farmers Marcus and Margie Mouse, Minnie’s full name is Minerva Mouse
- Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse’s girlfriend made her debut in Steamboat Willie on November 18th 1928.
- The first voice of Minnie was Marcelite Garner from the Ink & Paint Department at the Disney Studio
- The comic strip story “Mr Slicker and the Egg Robbers” introduced her father Marcus Mouse and her mother Margie Mouse. Her uncle is Mortimer Mouse and she has twin nieces Millie and Melody Mouse
- Minnie was designed in the fashion of the 1920’s, following the trends of then-modern youth colture, such as liking the colour red. Her main outfit usually included a feminine bowler hat with a daisy sticking out of it, white gloves and a short dress. She wears very distinctive yellow high heeled pumps that are too big for her feet. When she walked or danced, the clip clop of her large pumps were usually heard and often went with the rhythm that was played in the background
- Along with Mickey, she redesigned in the 1940’s. Her hat was replced with a large bow, and bows were added to her shoes as well. Her eyes were also given more detail.
- Minnie’s Bow-Tique is not the first time Minnie has owned her own business. In the 1933 animated short “Building a Building”, Minnie owed a lunch cart where she sold lunches to construction workers
Here is a preview of the new Minnie Mouse show, I know Emmy will adore this as she is a huge fan, as is Mummy if truth be told!