To be honest every moment matters as far as my children are concerned however some I would rather forget – the recent discovery of biting from Harry and the arguments with Emmy over eating for instance.
- Butlins – this was Emmy’s and Harry’s first holiday together. The excitement was amazing from the minute we arrived Emmy was bouncing. The memories will last forever and we all enjoyed it so much that we are going back again in March for another fun filled holiday.
- Swimming – this was the first time we took Harry swimming, also at Butlins. He loved it, splashing around, laughing and giggling. He cried when we took him out so had to return the next day.
- Bike rides – Emmy loves her bike and this was the first time we tried Harry on her old trike. He adored it and it’s wonderful to watch them both riding their bikes together.
- Reading – Emmy loves reading, this was a time she had disappeared for a while. I found her in her reading corner in her room with her head in a book. So very cute.
- Swimming Badges – A very proud day in our household. Emmy received her 1st swimming badge and was really pleased with herself and we are immensely proud of her.
- Sharing a room – We had another family trip to Cornwall for a very good friends wedding. Emmy’s Godmother and one of our oldest friends got married. We stayed in a family room in a Premier Inn. The kids were amazingly good at sharing a room and slept so well!
- BritMums Live – This was my second blogging conference. A time to mingle with brands and good friends, many of whom I have only ever chatted with online yet they are actually the closest friends, always there and it was amazing to finally put faces to names (Even if I didn’t recognise Nicola in the loo’s – but it did break the ice). This was my favourite conference and I can’t wait to attend again this year – although I’m still looking for a sponsor!
- Sibling Love – The kids weren’t happy with Mummy putting them to bed, they wanted each other, and they slept cuddled up to each other! So sweet, they really do love each other and Emmy calls Harry “My Harry, My best friend”.
- First day of School – A day where Mummy cried, and Mummy cried lots. How did my baby girl get so big? She started Nursery last September and she looked so beautiful and so grown up, yet so small when she went in – and then she cried, so I cried some more.
- Christening – I arranged Harry’s Christening for the day after his first Birthday. How handsome does my little boy look in his suit? He was so well behaved and we all had an amazing day, a day to remember, another moment that mattered.
Here’s looking forward to 2014 and more moments that matter.